Monday, March 31, 2014

Monday Musings

Good morning, guys!

It is the beginning of a new week and I am trying to find some motivation to get up and work out before my day starts. It is the last day of the month, and even though this day is usually cray-cray for us home-health girls I'm actually not too stressed. Kind of like I've done all I can do and now just have to let the chips fall where they may.

A few things I'm pondering this morning:


How true is this comic. I can literally see the horror in some patient's eyes when I try to "excitedly" introduce flash cards. Here's a tip: half of them can see past your fake enthusiasm. The other half, however buy in and I'm like, MUHAHA. You fools. You believed me! This is going to the most boring 10 minutes of your life.




I'm all out of this tea and oh so sad. I drink it every morning for the healthy caffeine and antioxidants and I suppose I could go to the store for more but...yoga pants. 




Speaking of yoga pants, these Nike ones (well I suppose they're technically sweatpants, but whatever) from Academy are my JAM. They were a birthday gift from the boyfriend and beyond comfy. 


In other news, I wanted to touch on my current love-hate relationship with Teachers Pay Teachers and the whole materials-making spree everyone and their Mom is on these days. I, too, have been attempting to make some products that are useful for not only myself but other SLPs but lately I have been completely overwhelmed by all the product sharing and giveaways I see on Facebook. 

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE all of the amazing products my fellow professionals are pumping out (that phrase is awkward and is going to bother me, I know it) but I simply do not have the printer ink as a home-based SLP to support this habit. I guess Staples is the answer? I don't know. My other issue is that I really do not use many paper-based activities with my kiddos, as most of them are under 5. My plan for future products includes mostly bilingual and lesson-plan resources that incorporate real-life objects along with visual supports. I think this will be what is most useful to me and other preschool SLPs.

If you are preschool SLP, what kinds of ready-made products would you like to see in my TpT store for download? I'd love to hear your thoughts. 

Have an amazing last day of March, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment