Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Little Bit of Real Life

"Real life" is a great thing. It's different than the imagined version of our lives we create in our minds where everything is beautiful because it's perfect. "Real life" is beautiful because of its simplicity...at least for me. The things that aren't a product of me "doing" anything. The little things. Yesterday was a little bit of real life for me. And it felt really good.

I didn't have sessions in the morning so I took my time making organic chicken/maple sausages and my Zen green tea. I enjoyed them post-folding laundry and watching re-runs of Teen Mom 2 with my kitty nearby. Oh yeah. I have a kitty. She became part of the family about two weeks ago, around Valentine's Day. Meet Ava. That's her handsome Dad, behind her. ;)


Afterwards, I turned on Spotify and ran a bubble bath (I use Fair For Life: Everday Shea Lavender Bubble Bath from Whole Foods) while I let my new hair color sink in...finally I am a dark brunnette again! I have been an auburn color for awhile now but it hasn't really felt like me. While in the tub I enjoyed the book, "The Honest Life" by Jessica Alba. Lots of great info regarding all-natural living.

Once my hair was done and I invested in a spray tan, I wrote up some therapy notes, made some phone calls and headed out to a session about 40 minutes away. I decided to stop at my parent's new home also, which is in the general area. I have been concerned that their new home won't feel like "home" to me...but I was surprised to find that all I wanted to do when I got there was lay on the couch I had never seen before and listen to my Mom unpack boxes. God really quieted my fears in that moment. There is nothing like the calmness of home.

I completed my session (which was largely focused on attention) and then went back to my parent's house where I picked up my sewing machine from my Dad (I need it to make my Etsy products). While in the process of loading it into my car, my Dad decided to try and pass off some other boxes they've been keeping for me; you know, boxes of memory items from highschool and college. I spent the next couple of hours just pouring through old journals from as early as age 8 and college acceptance letters from my Senior year of highschool. Man, if I had only known the journey I was about to embark on.

One of my favorite finds was this great work of fiction I wrote in 2001:




"A STORY ABOUT ALCOHOL" LOL. Yeah. But I got a 100 and man did I deserve it with all those colored illustrations.




After leaving my parents, I treated myself to a little birthday ice cream at Coldstone Creamery at the harbor nearby. Appropriately I chose "Birthday Cake Remix". I'm pretty sure the "remix" is that afterwards you feel like dying, on your day of birth. But it was yummy none the less.



I enjoyed my treat in front of this gorgeous fountain just soaking up the Texas sunshine. I have missed the sun SO much and it was great to feel the heat "beating" down at 75 degrees.

That was about the end of my excursions for the day. I MAY have stopped at Garden Ridge on the way home for bags of Popcorn Indiana Dark Fudge Chocolate Chip Kettlecorn...but you can't prove that, can you? CAN YOU. Haha.

Overall, it was a wonderful, relaxing day. I am about to head off to some sessions during which I will be jamming to this amazing new album by Jillian Edwards, "Daydream":



It is perfect, breezy Spring-time singer-songwriter-ness.

I hope you all have a wonderful Tuesday.

I will leave you with this embarrassing relic from my childhood.









No comments:

Post a Comment