Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Where's My Charger?

Welcome to Wednesday!

I'm not going to go in-depth about how difficult it has been to get back into the groove of therapy (aka life) but it has been more difficult than just avoiding the Taco Bell drive-through. Something is going on with my health and energy levels that leaves me feeling completely zapped in between sessions and dreading the next. I know this blog isn't supposed to be a forum for my personal issues but I know there are probably some ladies out there who feel like their battery keeps dying. I'm just trying to figure out what it's going to take to make me feel alert earlier than 10am everyday.

I am, however, so thankful this week for the support of my boyfriend, Jake. He surprised me with this beautiful bouquet of "Pre-Valentine's" roses on Monday and has been additionally loving and supportive.


Anyways, therapy activities for this week have been largely what I included in my ever-so-appropriate post, "The Sleepy SLP's Guide to V-Day Activities". My iPad took a tumble later last week resulting ina  beautiful crack across the screen and has not been charging. So, technology free this week!

Today I also brought back the beloved "treasure chest" I used for prize "reinforcements" at the end of my sessions when I first started out as an SLPA. The kids are all like, "Candy!" and I'm all like, "That's not a choice, I'm pretty sure it's been in there since 2011."

I have four reports to write so I better get going, two of which I am contemplating discharge. In home health sometimes that decision is a combination of not only functional need but scores that Medicaid will deem "medically necessary" as well as distance required to travel to the child/scheduling. Still sorting these things out in my head but I will get them worked out.

I hope you all are having a lovely day and if you're in Texas, enjoying the first dose of sunshine we've had in days. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment