Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Things I Swore I'd Do With My "Free" Time Tonight

*Taps mic* Is this thing on? *squeal*

Oh. Alright well I guess you guys can still hear me! Google has been sending me pleasant emails notifying me that I'm still acquiring new readers to this blog despite my absence and well, I'm flattered. And slightly embarrassed. I swore I'd write a new blog post soon. I swore I'd make and take pictures of my new creation, "Fall Choice Trees", to use with my kiddos in therapy and to show you guys here.


It's a set of leaves with various "choices" in both English and Spanish kids can add, remove, or choose from their "tree". It's cute. It's autumn-y. It's...something I still haven't gotten around to doing.
Not that anyone is dying for any explanation, but recently not only have I moved but I am recently engaged to the love of my life and am a bride-to-be!:) So excite. 
Surprise surprise!


I actually painted the nails on only my left hand to take this picture. (No shame.)
Mr. L and the soon-to-be Mrs. L :)

 And of course, what's an engagement without a showing of the best wedding movie ever, "Father of the Bride". So we did that.



Tonight though, I told myself I'd come home from work and DO something. AKA, more work. HA.

This included the following:

- Do the dishes in the sink! My fiance lovingly packed most of it for me while I was gone, except for the silverware, which when I asked him why not, he claimed because it's "miscellaneous". I love him and he's hilarious.

- Fill out the rest of my August paperwork and send emails!

- Hang my degrees up on the wall in the new office!

- Take a shower and re-apply my fake tan to diminish the appearance that I haven't been to the gym in weeks! Which I haven't.

- Look up wedding venues!

- Re-paint my nails!

- Spend time cuddling with Mr. L! (the only thing that got done). 

Amazingly, writing this blog post wasn't on my mental list, but it got done, too. I've had a migraine all day and well, it's felt pretty good to get words out on this page and shout "hi" over the canyon of the SLP blogging world. Hi. Thanks for sticking around if you're reading this. And I hope the new school year is treating you well!

Stay tuned for some new SLP posts. I've got content, I swear.

I can't be alone here- what did YOU swore you'd do tonight that didn't get done? I promise not to tell.


No comments:

Post a Comment