Thursday, May 1, 2014

-Ing Words

Time for more of a lifestyle post. I borrowed this from Erin over at Living in Yellow with the excuse that it's basically a bunch of present progressives. And therefore perfect for an SLP blog.

Making: a mental list of where I want to go shopping tonight. Target. Bath & Body Works. Actually, I'm making several mental lists at the moment.

Cooking: I cook-ed my turkey meatballs and organic pasta for dinner. It's a pain in the ass to watch over on the stove but it's hearty. It hit the spot.

Drinking: nothing because I have yet to go grocery shopping, and rural Texas tap water will most likely kill you.

Reading: my Twitter feed.

D
Wanting: someone to hang out with. It's quiet around these parts.

Looking: for motivation to get super super pumped about my fitness and nutrition efforts. For now, not wanting to die every morning and not falling asleep in morning session will do.

Playing: Uno with my therapy kiddos under the guise of "functional language instruction". 

Wasting: my time trying to figure out when and how I will feel better.

Wishing: someone would show up at my door with dark chocolate Justin's peanut butter cups and watch Teen Mom 2 with me. This is an ugly confession.

Enjoying: the fact that tomorrow is FINALLY payday.

Waiting: to gain some perspective on certain situations.

Liking: the fact that my roommate and I are spending more time together.

Wondering: if I should lighten my hair back up or keep it dark (black).

Ginger LD, circa October 2013.

Loving: my annoying baby of a cat, Ava.

Hoping: I have the strength to not let my emotions dictate my actions.

Marveling: At how quickly life can do a 180.

Needing: $$$ in the bank account.

Smelling: the odor-less air of the living room. What, my nose is stuffy.

Wearing: bright green scrubs.

Following: Nadine @ Back East Blonde and Jenna @ Speech Room News, among other lovely bloggers.

Noticing: that I'm incapable of letting my nails grow long enough most days to merit paying for an actual manicure.

Knowing: that everything will be fine.

Thinking: about what time the bank closes.

Feeling: lonely. Yeah yeah I know, don't let me get all 11th grade and emo on you.

Bookmarking: nothing, but continually re-posting the Dr. Cate Crowley's video on bilingual language development on Youtube.

Opening: up to a bunch of strangers. 

Giggling: about the fact that a sweet kiddo of mine practically pooped his pants during a particularly long administration of the PLS today. Whoops.

Feeling: like I am stronger than I give myself credit for. 

No comments:

Post a Comment