Sunday, May 4, 2014

Happy Sunday! {what I'm loving & new expressive language game!}

Oh this weekend. I've been literally going non-stop, I don't know what has me so full of energy but I'm going to roll with it. Maybe it's my morning green tea but something's pumping through my system making me want to be productive. Who would've thought?:) Maybe it's my #slp bracelet...


I bought this customizable bracelet (made by BCBG Generation) from Macy's in December. It comes with a bazillion gold letters and symbols that you can arrange in any way you'd like; I decided to rep SLP life. I've worn it off and on to sessions but I've been wearing it this weekend and getting a kick of motivation out of it. So cute, right?

Yesterday my roommate and I ran a few errands and then I kicked out a re-eval report, all before 12pm. This is not my usually way. I am the hugest procrastinator but I think I'm starting to realize that that method doesn't do me any favors. Afterwards I got a workout in and did some grocery shopping at Whole Foods. My favorite find was the fajita meal combo they have going on right now- buy the fajita meat and get the veggies, salsa, and tortillas for free! So that's what we cooked up last night. I also tried out a new flavor of kombucha, Green Apple Ginger by holykombucha:


Yum. I actually blended that up with a bit of the that delicious coconut-pineapple juice next to it, added some ice and made a kombucha-rita with a pina colada flair! It was a great addition to our fajitas.

I'm really feeling coconut lately, that's probably why I love this shower cream from The Body Shop.


It is not a "soap" and therefore not drying; instead it's incredibly creamy, moisturizing and has me dreaming about a beach vacation.

Later that night my roommate and I just kicked around and I decided to get to work making a new game for some of my older language kiddos:


I have a few kids who continue to struggle to provide crucial and relevant information in their discourse, or who use imprecise language such as, "I went there and then played that game," without giving me the head's up of actually where they went or who they were with. I get no context for their stories. This game puts you kiddos in the role of a detective who has to listen to a friend's statements about their weekend and decide what information is missing. They can then work to devise a wh- question to find out the missing information. A table is also included for them to fill in what they know and what they still need to know. 

What are you guys loving this weekend? Do you like kombucha or do you think it's the grossest thing ever? Most people fall on one side of the spectrum or the other, haha.:) 



No comments:

Post a Comment